Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A jumpsuit shouldn't look like an adult onsie!


So for years I've oogled over alllll the ladies on TV, in magazines and on the streets that could pull off a jumpsuit. I have tried on quite a few over the years and eventually decided that they just don't look good on me. If I were tall with a small bust, then great, no problem. However I am a pretty average height (5'5") and I have a pretty large chest (I wear a high C, low D). So the idea of wearing a jumpsuit got put on the shelf and has remained there for quite some time.

Just to give you an idea, here is a photo of a jumpsuit I once tried on. (It's embarrassing, and probably looks even worse because I am wearing socks, but judgement free zone, right?) 



Anyways.......AWFUL! It was just plain awful. There's no sadder feeling for a girl who loves shopping AND clothes to try on something and be so disappointed in how it looks. I thought the bottom of the legs were too tight, the elastic was placed in a spot that did not at all fall right on my waist, and the top fit like a potato sack. I tried on a larger size as well and I looked like a bag lady. I was honestly so mortified about how it looked that I didn't even open the dressing room door to show my friend that I was shopping with.

So after doing some browsing a few weeks ago and reading some reviews of different styles, I decided I would order a jumpsuit that I saw on the Sears website. It came last week, and I absolutely FELL IN LOVE!



Of course, when clothes you ordered arrive in the mail, the first thing you do is try them on (It's almost an unspoken female rule). So here it is, no makeup, shoes or accessories.

I first have to say that I love the large keyhole opening in the front. It breaks up the monotony of being almost head to toe in all black, and adds such a feminine touch. The torso length is just right, and the elastic at the waist isn't incredibly tight, which I think can make certain clothes appear baggy or almost give the appearance of being the wrong size. There is a hidden zipper on the back as well and getting in and out of this was surprisingly quite easy. 

This actual jumpsuit is from the Kardashian Kollection, and another preconception I had is that the Kardashian Kollection is meant for girls with itty bitty waists and a ginormous ass (Sorry KimK- I'm so judgmental!)

All in all I have to say I am quite pleased, and am looking forward to throwing on a pair of fun stilettos and wearing this out for a night on the town with my girlfriends. 

Have YOU ever had any preconceptions about clothing styles that you never thought you could pull off? I would love for you to share any similar experiences that you have had with me. I find that oftentimes most of my inspiration comes from others, and I hope that I can be an inspiration to you. 

Feel free to follow this blog on Instagram (@amandaplease), and I hope you all had a wonderful day.
Kisses. Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog and taking the time to comment and share your thoughts with me! Stop back any time and say hello! :-)