Had to share that awesome above quote by Schmidt from The New Girl (any New Girl fans? How can anyone not love the adorable Zooey Deschanel, honestly!).
But all jokes aside, I have some exciting blog community news! I’ve been nominated by the lovely Dane from Curly Hair & High Heels to participate in the Liebster Awards.
The Liebster Awards are a fun way to find out more about some of your favorite bloggers and see their answers to curly questions about why we play this whole blogging game anyway.
I was nominated once before but never had a chance to participate, as when I clicked the link I was sent, I arrived at a blank page.
Anywho, what a great idea this is, as I always enjoy finding new and interesting blogs to read! So a big, big thanks once again to Curly Hair & High Heels for the nomination!
Alright, here we go!
1) Acknowledge the blog who nominated you
2) Answer the 11 questions given to you from the blogger
3) Give 11 random facts about yourself
4) Nominate 11 blogs you think are deserving of the award (less than 200 followers)
5) Let the bloggers know that you have nominated them
6) Give 11 questions for them to answer
1. Why did you start your blog?
I guess I started my blog mostly as a way to keep me busy and to also help improve my writing. I decided to go back to school this fall for my BSN (Bachelor in Nursing), and wanted to make sure my writing skills were up to par.
2. What is your favorite donut to order at Dunkin' Donuts?
To be honest, I don't really have much of a sweet tooth. I know that sounds totally strange and bizarre, but I've always been a salty foods kinda person. (Probably equally as unhealthy, if not more). Even when it comes to sitting in front of a plate fruit and vegetables, I'll usually go for the veggies. But I guess if I had to pick, it would be a plain, glazed donut. (Gosh Amanda, you're soooo boring!)
3. What is your favorite Disney movie?
I literally love all Disney movies, obviously! I can narrow it down to about 3 or 4, in no particular order: The Little Mermaid, any of The Rescuers movies, Beauty and the Beast and Hocus Pocus. Okay, and also Mary Poppins and Alice in Wonderland. (Not too shabby seeing as there are a TON of Disney movies!)
4. When you get a manicure, what color do you usually gravitate towards?
Lincoln Park After Dark by OPI. (This was an easy one!)
5. What one piece of clothing or shoe can you not live with out?
A crossbody bag. (I have a few that I love and cycle through pretty frequently)
6. Do you have any pets?
Nope! My best friend Mindy got me a hamster when we were in middle school though, and I legitimately thought it was sleeping for about 3 days before realizing it died. I also had snapping turtles that I found walking home from my bus stop when I was a kid. Once they started growing though my parents thought it best we let them go. I do have a plant I've kept alive for a few years now, so yay!
7. If you had to chose one store to shop for makeup would it be Ulta or Sephora?
Sephora. I usually stick to what I know, and I've never had any issues shopping with them.
8. What place do you want to travel to that you have not been before?
Italy. Once I finish my BSN program I am booking a trip and doing a wine tour of Italy.
9. For take-out dinner..would you rather have Chinese Food or Pizza?
Pizza. But it has to be good pizza. There is no worse food than a bad pizza.
10. What brand of Mascara do you use?
11. What color clothing do you think makes you look and feel the best?
I've always gravitated towards anything black. As my mother says "It hides a multitude of sins!"
My Random Facts:
1. I love my dad because he is a man that delivers. I wanted to go to SNL for my birthday one year, and two weeks later he had 4 tickets, and I saw Jane Lynch host and Bruno Mars perform. It was an amazing experience!
2. I have a huge fear of raccoons. Not for any reason in particular, but I used to have really bad nightmares about them as a kid. Strange that spiders and other things don't bother me.
3. I have a huuuuge owl obsession. :)
4. In high school I got hit in the face with a frisbee and it broke my nose. Funny thing is that I wasn't even playing frisbee. I was just sitting outside, eating my lunch and a bad throw put me on the wrong end of the frisbees trajectory.
5. I was a nail biter my whole life until I started working in healthcare. Nothing puts a stop to that quicker than remembering all the places your hands have been that day.
6. I was Valedictorian of my Practical Nursing program.
7. I am petrified of public speaking, but made huge leaps in that fear when I had to give my Valedictorian speech in front of the whole school.
8. I don't know my left from my right. It takes a lot of thought for me. My brothers tease me about this all the time.
9. When I get really upset about something, I laugh. I don't know why, but people don't take me seriously because of it.
10. I take my coffee black.
11. I thoroughly enjoy cleaning (weirddddoooo!). But seriously, nothing makes me happier than looking around and seeing how nice and clean everything looks. I am a favorite to invite to parties because of this. Mostly because peoples houses get cleaned by me.
My Questions For You:
1) What is your mothers maiden name?
2) What are the last 4 digits of your SS #?
... Haha JUST KIDDING! That's what these questions remind me of though!
Here are your actual questions, I tried to make them fun:
1. What inspired you to start writing/blogging?
2. Tea or coffee?
3. Name three guilty pleasure books and/or movies that you’re sorry you’re not sorry you like (say that three times fast).
4. If you could change your name to anything, what would you change it to?
5. What advice would you give your six-year-old self?
6. What is the wallpaper on your cell phone?
7. Are you a goal driven person or are you a process oriented person?
8. If you could go back to any age just for a week what age would you chose?
9. Are you a morning or night person?
10. Favorite musician/band?
11. If you could shrink any animal–real or mythical–so that it was pocket sized, what animal would you shrink and keep as a pet?
I don't want anyone to feel pressured to do this, I understand life can get extremely busy, but I always love an excuse to link to some of my favorite blogs, as well as the new blogs I've come across.
Thanks again for the nomination Dane @ Curly Hair & High Heels! There are a ton more I would have loved to nominate but the whole <200 followers thing unfortunately limited my picks down!
I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your week. Can't wait to catch up with you all over the weekend! And due to an extremely busy week for me, and a nasty bug going around over at Tillystyle, the girls post will be up tomorrow! So check back in then, lovlies!
Click below to find me at any of these sites:Bloglovin'