Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Baubles, bangles and beads.


Why does it always feel like it takes longer to pick out accessories than it does your actual outfit? Maybe because it does! Choosing the perfect accessories is the key to packing a fashion punch and pulling off a truly stylish outfit.
An accessory I've really grown to love are statement necklaces. I probably have over 100 different necklaces, all meticulously organized on various hooks and holders, but I am always drawn to these bold statement necklaces. Today I found myself in a bit of a dilemma when it came to choosing what to wear.



To give you an idea what I was going to pair one of these with, here are a few photos of my outfit. As you can see, I was back and forth for quite a while trying to make a decision!





A few tips for wearing statement pieces:
  • Keep it simple. If you choose to wear a statement necklace, do not wear a top full of lace or sequins, especially near the neckline. You want your necklace to stand out in front of an otherwise subtle backdrop.
  • Less is definitely more. If you are going to wear a statement necklace, be mindful not to wear big, intricate earrings. This not only can look tacky, but can also be very overstimulating.
  • Choose a necklace that is suiting to your neckline. A jewel or boat neckline are perfect layouts for a bib style statement necklace. If you are wearing a V neckline, pair with a beautiful drop necklace.

In case you were all wondering, I went with the orange bib necklace! <3

Xoxo. Remember to follow this blog on instagram! @amandaplease. Link can be found on right sidebar. Hope you all enjoy, and hope you all are having a wonderful week! Lots of love!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog and taking the time to comment and share your thoughts with me! Stop back any time and say hello! :-)