Sunday, August 3, 2014

Wedding season has officially launched..


Wedding season is finally upon us, and it is one of my favorite times of the year! This year I am not only in a wedding party, but am also a guest to another, and I am excited at the opportunity to dress up!
One thing I tend to do is plan ahead. I already have my bridesmaid dress for this weekends wedding (Post to come sometime next week!) but I have been scouring stores as well as the internet for some dress inspirations for the second wedding. 

The second wedding is in early October, and while it is one of the most beautiful times of the year (I live in New England and the fall foliage here is utterly gorgeous) I always find myself wondering what on earth to wear, as the weather can be a bit tricky. I've picked up a few tricks/tips I would like to share with my friends, as well as some outfits I have found to be inspirational!

  • One of the first things I do is check with the bride to see what color her bridesmaid dresses are. I wouldn't want to get mixed up with the wedding party, and I'm sure you wouldn't want to either.
  • Also, embrace the fall colors. Rust, pale yellow, brilliant reds, and burnt orange are all beautiful fall colors. You can also always opt for a dark green, navy or maroon.
  • Accessorizing is key. You can always dress up a simple outfit with a bold statement necklace and some chunky bangles. (I personally always tend to feel quite bare when I don't accessorize).
  • Add a gold belt. Gold can add a fun pop to any color, but avoid wearing all gold, as this may be seen in bad taste. 
  • Bring a light sweater, or a shawl, because October air can be a bit brisk when the sun goes down.
  • Dress to impress, but don't go so bold that you outshine the bride. Steer away from neon colors and big hats.
  • Don't wear white, off-white or ivory! You can wear black and white, or a mix of any colors and white, but a pure white dress is reserved for the bride - duh!

Here are a few dresses that I found to give me inspiration:

Tinley Road Eva Knit Tulip Dress $69
via. Piperlime

Jessica Simpson Lace Yoke Fit-And-Flare Dress $128
via. Lord&Taylor



Lace Trimmed A-Line Dress $17.80
via. Forever 21



ASOS Pencil Dress With Waterfall Detail $67.71
via. Asos


Belted Sheath Dress with Scalloped Neckline $109
via. Gilt


Clock Strikes Farewell Dress $54.99
via. Modcloth


Hope y'all had a great weekend. I am a bit behind in posting as I have been under the weather/extremely busy preparing to move at the end of the month.

Be sure to follow this blog on Instagram (Link on right side menu), as the post on the go option allows for more frequent picture uploading. (@Amandaplease)

Xoxo. Lots of love my fellow nurses and fashionistas! Stay tuned for more exciting things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog and taking the time to comment and share your thoughts with me! Stop back any time and say hello! :-)