Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Weddings sure are exhausting!


Okay, so I made it through another wedding weekend! Yay, me!

Being a bridesmaid, while such an honor, can be SO exhausting. Between the bachelorette party, bridal shower, dress, shoes, hair, and makeup, you can rack up a pretty hefty bill. Plus you need to factor in the blisters, exhaustion from dancing, calories from all the food and drinks and some other things as well! But honestly, watching your beautiful friend walk down the aisle, share her first dance with her new husband, and shove cake in his face really makes it all worth it. I found myself pretty choked up with tears AT LEAST like 6 times, and that's a lot for me!



If you're lucky enough to have a bride like I did, surviving the wedding weekend wasn't so hard. My amazing friend Kristen made us each Wedding Survival buckets, armed with necessities such as a nail file, lint roller, gum, mouthwash, makeup remover, deodorant, a pocket hairbrush, tissues, bobby pins etc. (Tip: I suggest throwing some of these items in a bag to bring with you, just in case.)


I also suggest that if you are expected to arrive at an early hour to the brides house on the day of the wedding, get a good nights sleep! I made sure not to drink too much at the rehearsal dinner the night before, because what a terrible bridesmaid I would be if I were to be hungover and miss the ceremony!

The morning of the wedding can be pretty hectic, especially if you are like this writer, and are not a morning person. I suggest having something with caffeine to kick start your day, as that will probably be the only non-alcoholic thing you drink that day!

Also, be wise in choosing your hairdo. If your hair does not hold a curl well, I would suggest going with an up-do. This prevents any hair mishaps that may occur before the pictures and ceremony. 
(Tip: You can never have TOO many bobby pins in your hair!)
Most of the girls in the wedding party went with up-do's, but my hair can hold a decent curl, plus I have broad shoulders so I find that my hair helps balance out my body, so I decided to get my hair curled. I was one of the first girls to get my hair done, so I suggested that she pin my hair up once curled, so that as it got closer for us all having to leave, I could remove the pins and have my hair ready to go.
Ta-da! I felt like a 1950's pinup with my hair like this!

While none of us girls seemed all too impressed with the hairdresser, I have to say that everyone looked absolutely gorgeous, so I guess she didn't do such a bad job after all. (Tip: If you aren't happy with how your hair turned out, SAY SOMETHING, because you are paying someone to do your hair, and you should feel good about how you look!)

I won't share too much else but a few photos from the day.


Outfit Details: Dress: Forever 21, Shoes: Nina, Aviators: Swiss Army

Bride and her maids

I just like plants!


The wedding was on a horse farm.

Of course I posed with the horses!

Ring details! Light pink is vintage, dark pink is from Kohls.


Kristen handmade all of our bouquets herself.

Smile! 

I swear my lips were quivering from all the smiling I had to do!


HWMTB: How We Met The Bride (Get it?)




Thoughts? How do you survive a wedding weekend? Feel free to share any tips you've picked up over the years.  Hope y'all had a great weekend! I am looking forward to catching up on some much needed sleep this week!
Lots of love!

PS- Be sure to follow this blog on instagram! I promise, I try not to flood up the newsfeed too much with photos! (@Amandaplease)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog and taking the time to comment and share your thoughts with me! Stop back any time and say hello! :-)