Wednesday, July 23, 2014

How to: Wear your scarf as a vest


Happy Wednesday to all my fashion friends!

As a new part of this blog, I would like to start showing you ideas on how easy it is to update your wardrobe using items you already have in your closet.

In 6 easy steps, you will easily be able to transform your favorite scarf into a new vest!

Side note: I don't take credit for this idea.
While out shopping yesterday I met a woman who, with a lot of patience, explained many ways to convert a scarf into fun and useful clothing styles. In fact, she gathered quite a large crowd of onlookers all eager themselves to also learn how to do this.

I hope you enjoy!

Step 1: Open up scarf completely.


Step 2: Fold scarf in half, like a hamburger bun, not a hot dog bun.


Step 3: Grab scarf by top two corners. 
(They should be the ones in your hand when you are finished folding your scarf in step 2)
One should be a folded end, and the other where the two edges of your original fold came together. 
(I separated the scarf on the left side so you can see what I mean)


Step 4: Tie two ends from step 3 together to form a knot.


Step 5: Open the scarf so you have the 2 large arm loops showing.


Step 6: Put arms through the arm holes and voila!



This is how it should look in the back.

I hope you all enjoyed this simple and easy tutorial. If there is anything you are confused on, just ask and I will be happy to answer any and all questions! Have a great day!

Remember to follow this blog on Instagram (@Amandaplease)
Xoxo


Garay Treasures

4 comments:

  1. Wow,how beautiful is this :)
    Great idea :)

    http://fashionstyleglamfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana! It's so easy to do too, which I love!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I loved this. I don't; believe I have seen this done before- well maybe once but it wasn't a very good tutorial, so thank you for doing a good step by step tutorial- I will definitely try this. Rachel xo (thanks for linking up today :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tried this and wow! Thanks for the inspiration Amanda, I will be featuring this in my new link up post. Hope you can link up again. Xo Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and taking the time to comment and share your thoughts with me! Stop back any time and say hello! :-)