Saturday, July 19, 2014

Nail art fun!


So it's in every nursing handbook when we start working, painted nails are just not acceptable at work. Having polish on your nails allows for bacteria to get in the cracks, yadda yadda yadda. It's one of those silly rules that's out there, but let's be honest, who ACTUALLY follows that one?
As a lifelong nail biter, going to nursing school was the perfect excuse to stop biting my nails. Our hands end up in some prettttttty gross places, so the idea of sticking my fingers in my mouth became rather unappealing after that.

That being said, I quickly found myself getting bored of the typical plain ol' nail polish regime. Manicures are nice to get and all, but those darn blister packs really do a number on our hands. I don't think I've had an actual manicure that has lasted longer than a few days, have you? I have worked with many nurses who have had rather long fake nails on, and I always wonder how they are able to manage. I've grown my nails out some, but a long nail for me might be rather short compared to someone else.

In an attempt to save some money, not to mention a great conversation starter with patients, I began to do my own at-home manicures. There is a woman who does really simple step-by-step manicure instructions for many of these cute designs below, so if you enjoy giving yourself a fun, whimsical manicure, you should check her out! (Cute Polish).
So here are a few of my favorite polish looks I've done:










Tootles! Hope everyone has a great Saturday, remember to follow this blog on Instagram! @amandaplease


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog and taking the time to comment and share your thoughts with me! Stop back any time and say hello! :-)