Thursday, October 23, 2014

A Special Tilly Style Transformation Thursday


Weekly segment from two young and fabulous fashion bloggers from Arizona, USA. Be sure to check out their website for more fashion fun! You can find them here at TillyStyle!

This week's Tilly Style Tuesday honors the longtime tradition of Throwback Thursday. So continue reading for a past to present look at our friends over at Tillystyle
All Girl School Uniform to "TillyStyle"

When the word uniform comes to mind, we think of clothing expressing the school's rules, instead of our own style.  We went to an all girl private high school where clothing without the school's emblem, shoes without straps, "too much" makeup, and distracting jewelry were not allowed.  Simply put, everything was uniform.  This obviously doesn’t restrict sneaking in your own styles, but made it a tad harder. 
“I always had a necklace or bracelet on as I became more involved with fashion during my high school years. “ ~ Thy



We all go through fashion obstacles in our lives, but with every challenge we face, we learn more about who we want to be as well as represent...and hopefully never wear that horrible pink boa again (at least not in public!). Your style needs to speak to your personality and it might take a little while to discover that outfit, accessory or item of clothing that screams “ME!” So remember that trial and error is part of fashion and past trends always seems to come back into the present.

We definitely improved from high school to college and we couldn’t be happier with these fashionable results!

Seriously, how lovely are these two? Have you visited their page yet? Here's the link (click me!), so now you have no excuse! They have some fun features including their own individual fashion diaries (Thy) (Lilly) and even offer Personal Styling Sessions
Thanks again for tuning in to another Tilly Style Tuesday (TBT Edition)! Click below to check out some other posts from my favorite West Coast bloggers!

10 comments:

  1. Haha my style definitely improved between high school and college-- definitely a good thing :)

    Daisy | Simplicity Relished

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha same here! I cringe sometimes when I look back at photos (mostly at my hair! Eeek!!)

      Delete
  2. Cute:)
    Thanks for checking out my blog
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man I don't want to think about my "style" when I was in middle school... oh wait, I didn't have a style at all. HAHA Great post :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha same! My style was having my mom tie my hair back as tight as she could. I would get really upset if my ponytail had any bumps in it (and funny thing is now I purposely try to get bumps in my hair!) Go figure!

      Delete
  4. Wow what a great opportunity to be part of this! This app sounds really awesome I am def going to have to download it. Thanks for all the details about it.

    xo, carli
    Puppies and Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am excited for such an amazing opportunity! Make sure you find me when you DL it and we can be Fashion ID friends! :) :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and taking the time to comment and share your thoughts with me! Stop back any time and say hello! :-)